This spring, MARCH IS ON! The 2024 TIAA Big Ten Women’s and Men’s Basketball Tournaments are headed to Target Center March 6 – 17. Be there LIVE as some of the top division one basketball teams compete for the conference title. Tickets are going fast, visit TargetCenter.com to purchase your tickets today!
Tickets are on sale now at TargetCenter.com
National Girls and Women in Sports Day featuring the 3rd Annual FLOSS Presented by Delta Dental
February 7 | 2 – 7:30 PM @ Huntington® Bank Rotunda at Mall of America®
- Join Minnesota Sports and Events at Mall of America® for National Girls and Women in Sports Day! Featuring youth skills clinics, music, fun, and our Somali Community showcase featuring Kalsoni Activewear & Athleisure.
- Join Minnesota Lynx star Diamond Miller for the 3rd Annual FLOSS Presented by Delta Dental of Minnesota at 6 PM. This dental spin on the classic hoops shooting game of “HORSE” pairs local women CEOs and executives with well-known “ringers". Featuring an impressive line-up of bold, fierce women who are Champions from the WNBA, to the Boardroom and beyond. The countdown to the 2024 Big Ten Basketball Tournaments is on. Join us at Mall of America for your chance to win tickets to see the action in person at Target Center.
- ·2:00 PM: Practice with a Purpose Youth Skills Clinic with the Minnesota Lynx
- ·3:30 PM: Free Play with DJ Miss Brit
- ·4:00 PM: Sports and Our Somali Community athlete showcase featuring Kalsoni Activewear & Athleisure
- ·5:15 PM: Minneapolis Hoop Jams
- ·5:25 PM: TKO Drumline & Knockout Dance Team
- ·5:35 PM: Dominion Dance Company
- ·6:00 PM: 3rd Annual FLOSS Presented by Delta Dental of Minnesota
Big Ten Makers Market
March 6 – 9 & 13 – 16 | 11 AM – 6 PM
Featuring local creators and Big Ten Conference alumni, the Big Ten Makers Market will be your one-stop shop for fan gear, gifts, and more! Enjoy live music and entertainment, food and drinks from Tom’s Watch Bar pop-up, and more. Click here for more information.
Big Ten Gives Back
March 7 & 14 | 4-5 PM
Grab a friend or your team and help us bundle snack-packs for Second Harvest Heartland in support of the Minnesota Food Share March Campaign. This event is in partnership with Hands On Twin Cities. Click here to sign up for more information.
Minnesota Champions Tour
March 6 – 9 & 13 – 16 | 11 AM – 6 PM
Try Minnesota classic sports like curling, gymnastics, hockey, and of course, basketball. The Minnesota Champions Tour features several Big Ten alumni and memorabilia exhibit with Lou Nanne’s Team USA sweater jersey, Gable Steveson’s shoes and replica gold medal, and much more. Click here to sign up for more information.
March 6 & 13 | 3:30-5 PM
Powered by Bell Bank and Star Tribune, this speaker series showcases conversations with a diverse collection of local and national community leaders, influencers, and changemakers representing a wide variety of industries and communities with topics including social justice and community engagement, current affairs, leadership, and more. Schedule coming soon. Click here to sign up for more information.
Practice with a Purpose
March 8 & 15 | 3-5 PM
A series of FREE youth skills clinics open to Minnesota youth in grades 4 - 8. Each clinic is a 90-minute-long session that includes skills training and basketball drills, a “chalk talk” about the value of a team both on and off the court, and free play to work on new basketball skills. Each child will receive a Practice with a Purpose t-shirt and water and snacks during the clinic. Registration coming soon. Click here to sign up for more information.
March 8-9 & 11-12
Paired with a local member of the media as their mentor, our Junior Journalists will have the opportunity to experience the Big Ten Men’s and Women’s Basketball Tournaments as a credentialed member of the media. Attending press conferences, conducting interviews, and documenting their experience provides local youth the opportunity to develop key skills as they explore the potential for a future in journalism. Following the tournament participants will produce a final project that will be shared by all partners and published on the Minnesota Sports and Events website. Learn More
Blue Carpet Arrivals
March 10 & 17
Welcome the Finalist teams as they walk the blue carpet when they arrive to Target Center. The competing school’s spirit squads will be on site pumping up the crowd with their rousers and cheers. Click here for more information.